Wednesday, November 9, 2011

recipe share: beef, pie and spinach

here's a few of my favourites that I shared with my rels and you guys might like them too :)

Beef Coconut Curry - I add sweet potato, carrots and spinich to mine, and after it has been on the stove for a bit I transfer it to the crockpot. It's lovely as a casserole in the oven too. When cooking the rice I add a teaspoon of tumeric (at the beginning) to make it yellow.

Impossible Pie the impossible pie is really easy as a savory quick meal too. HERE is a good recipe (obviously, I leave out the bacon!). the veggies don't need to be grated, we like them in chunks or sliced and I often add roasted pumpkin, corn and spinich to mine... or whatever I have on hand.

here's my recipe for the spinich dip also...

500g spinach, finely chopped
500g cream cheese (not lite - makes it too runny)
250g sour cream
2T vegetable stock powder (I use Massel's)
2T mayonnaise (preferably egg)
beat cream cheese until smooth and add sour cream, stock powder and mayonnaise. mix well. add spinach and stir until combined. Chill until required.




No comments:

Post a Comment