Thursday, November 3, 2011

the deal with my name.

many of you who know me, either through blogging or in real life, probably have realised that I am using a different name. there is a reason for this and so here it is.

names are important and have meaning attached to them in most cultures around the world. in the west it is less so than elsewhere, but still significant to a certain extent.

the meaning and significance of my birth name is something I am no longer comfortable with. so Jono and I picked a new name for me. Simple as that. those that know me by my birth name, and know the journey I am on ... well, you guys will most likely understand this. 


channi is a shortened form of chana...or hannah...and it's pronounced with a 'h'.

just thought some of you might like to know :)


3 comments:

  1. Well I love it! And I am glad you told me how to pronounce it.... lol....I would have totally messed it up. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tis a beautiful name! (:

    ReplyDelete